Thursday, July 17, 2008

A breeze for the sails

It is past midnight, and I can't sleep. I think the problem is the skin I'm in is rather uncomfortable at the moment! I need to escape from it all, not the least from myself! This living moment by moment in uncertainty is beginning to get to me I think. So much for my great vocational voyage of discovery. Stalled in a windless sea after a whole two months! I think that might be a new record.

Isaiah in today's reading promised that the way of the just was smooth, and judging by the glass like water my boat is sitting in, I can't really disagree. I need the good Lord to stir up the waters a bit, make my way a little less smooth, I am sick of this placid calm. (all the while I am aware of the maxim be careful what you wish for....)

Tonight's psalm comes to us from the prophet Clash: Should I stay or should I go? If you say that you are mine, I'll be here until the end of time. But you got to let me know. Should I stay or should I go?

All those listening and inclined to do so, should pray for this poor stranded mariner. Until then I await further instruction....

1 comment:

Michele said...

well lucky you, i wont even get in a sailboat! err no way! not for me! :) don't like deep water and critters in it:) seems unsafe! i do like your blog:) nice to meet you! God bless you!